Close

Threaded View

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    just use a section of filament cut from spool
    I think that's actually a really great suggestion. The unextruded filament straight off of the spool seems to be a bit more flexible. You could take a section and tape it to a table. Then take a dremel and carve a groove along one side of the filament so when you glue it in the lens has a trap.

I think I've seen nose pads that screw into the frame. You might be able to buy two from a glasses repair site.

You could diverge from the design a bit and create a new nose support that would be compatible with 3d printing and not go with the wire and pad style. There might be a cool way to bring the upper rim down into a nose support. Face it, you are never going to print glasses that will trick anyone into believing that you are wearing a nice pair of Ray-Bans. But, you can certainly create your own style based on the popular Ray-Ban style.

In fact, it just got me to thinking. Here are a couple of ideas. Obviously there are dozens of ways to accomplish the task but here is a start.

rayban.jpg
    Last edited by RobH2; 04-02-2014 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Add Photo
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com