Ok. So dismantled the whole extruder. I was left with the threaded tube thing where the filament enters. It was what was dirty. This is what I did. I got myself a small length of twisted strand steel cable. The cable was a bit larger than the inner diameter of this tube. I unstranded like two groups of strands to get it down to the right size. I then used flush cutters to separate the strands at the very tip of the cable. I then bent the tips outward to create a scrub brush Using a propane torch i heated the tube with the cable brush inserted. I then twisted up and down scrubbing it all out. When i pulled the brush out i burn away the PLA from the brush and then repeated. Once i had most of it out... Q-tips fit in there perfectly! I heated up the tube a bit and then wiped out the inside. Its literally polished inside Brand new. When i get home im going to try it out to see if it flows correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
One thing you can try is get the nozzle hot... More like ABS temperature instead of PLA. And use those little nozzle cleaning wire things that welders use to clean their torches. I have pushed the cleaning wire up into the nozzle and then been able to extrude. If you have something like white colored filament loaded, you will see lots of black chunks come out.

The nozzle will plug again. But if you let the nozzle cool down and retract the filament a few times, you will be able to pull out more and more of the crude. The trick is to have the filament starting to get hard so when you pull it out, it stretches and takes some of the crude with it each time.