popular doesn't mean best.
I use gluesticks for certain things. Mainly filaments that don't release from printbite. And yes it's easy and cheap.
But the printbite, you just print and remove when done. It never needs scrapers, no delicate part ever breaks when you are fighting the release and one sheet should last the lifetime of the printer.

If you print with anything other than abs (and on an open frame printer, you most likely will be) on an enclosed printer - which I'm getting the impression you never do.
Then printbite is about as close to perfect as you can currently get.

I'm assuming you haven't used it and are just going on the opinions of those like yourself who are locked into abs and have enclosed machines.

I base my knowlege primarily on what I've used and tried and Therefore I know it works. Not just regurgitating someone elses opnions.
No alternative facts :-)

I've been using printbite for around a year, after trying every other option out there.
These days, while I still have to play with settings for new materials - for stuff I've used before, I just print and go.
I don't need to ever prepare or repair my print surface.
I don't have any release hassles. If impatient I use a gentle tap to release the part.
If not around when the print finishes, I just pick it up when i get back to the workshop.
It is that easy.

So far I've managed to print almost all materials at 60c bed temp and pet-g at 70.
Pretty sure the abs I tested was only at 70 as well. And it did work - just stinks and doesn't laminate properly on an open frame printer.

Some nylon filaments and a couple flexible ones stick too well to printbite, so get printed on the other machine on pva.

My sole failure to date is polycarbonate. And After talking to the guys from polymaker, who made it, it's mainly because I just can't get my hotend up high enough and I don't have enclosed print volume.

Everything else has either stuck and released or stuck and laughed at me when i asked it to release.
Given that the mymat nylon needed releasing with an actual hammer and chisel - and the printbite is unmarked - I'd say that's good evidence it's pretty hard wearing.

BY all means give advice on things you've actually used - but being negative on something you have no experience of doesn't help anyone.