Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
Actually I have to recant my comments about Flashprint. After reading jfkansas's comment I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Its not bad actually. Calibrations values are a bit different so it took me a while to get materials dialed but now its running very well. Haven't tried a dual extrusion yet as I am busy with a large project. Hopefully I will be able to complete it by Saturday evening and then do some dual stuff on Sunday.

Anyway... Flashprint is in some ways better than Makerware: it has a fresh look to it, all the settings are there that I need to fiddle with, it doesn't do that stupid purge line along the front of the HBP, manual support placement, random layer start points to name a few. I heard (but not tried) that supports and rafts are as junk to remove as with Makerware so that's not good. Ultimately I will invest in S3D.

Makerware 2.4 is the preferred MW release. There are download links in the Flashforge section.
I am admittedly a newbie on 3D printers but I have a FFCR and I cannot get Flashprint to print even though it appears to talk to the FFCP. I keep getting in a loop when I try to print is pops up a window with parameters and when I continue it asks to save the file. When I do that it goes back to the point where it has the print.