Close

Hybrid View

Follow RP Iron Man On Twitter Add RP Iron Man on Facebook Add RP Iron Man on Google+ Add RP Iron Man on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    Well already thought about the heated chamber, But i don't realy have a large table or enough space for it realy,
    Will consider it in Aluminium/acrylic but not sure yet.

About the skirt, never realy heard about that one, and isnt a option in Cura,
    Btw i am kinda a Cura fan :P it should need more options/parameters but after that its just great to use it ^^
    As a quick fix, you can wrap a plastic garbage bag over your printer to trap the heat from the bed inside and prevent any drafts. This is what I do and I get no warp when printing on glass coated in elmer's glue stick. The increased ambient temperature inside the chamber really helps eliminate delamination.

Eric

Hehe I never saw anyone put a garbage bag over 3D printer but if it helps why not

Well slic3r has option to print skirt more than one layer thick. It slows down printing a bit and uses more filament though. It will prevent direct exposure to any excess airflow from the fan and also trap some heat.

I agree Cura is awesome but I got sort of used to slic3r + pronterface combination and it's pretty hard to kick the habit of using those

- Filip