Close

I need a simple item made... how do I do it?

I need a pair of very simple plastic tubes made to use as legs on a small, vintage pinball machine. I have absolutely no experience with 3D printing and have no idea where to start. Can somene help?

It depends what you are trying to do... But 3D Printed 'Legs' for a pin ball machine doesn't sound like they are going to be strong enough. People are always pushing and banging those machines. If the printed parts have anything to do with holding the heavy machine off the ground, I'm thinking the machine is going to fall to the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    It depends what you are trying to do... But 3D Printed 'Legs' for a pin ball machine doesn't sound like they are going to be strong enough. People are always pushing and banging those machines. If the printed parts have anything to do with holding the heavy machine off the ground, I'm thinking the machine is going to fall to the floor.
    I am probably not being clear enough. These legs only need to be about an inch in diameter and about 5 inches tall. They go on a mini pinball machine that is only about 20 inches in length.

You can see the legs I am taking about at this ebay auction..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222293881483...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

These would be pretty simple. They aren't for a full sized, stand up pinball game, just a little kid's sized table top game.

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    Hi,

You could use simple aluminum tubing with rubber feet available at your DIY store, but I will be happy to 3D print these for you.
    PM me and we can share the details
    -Ralph

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep take about 20 seconds to design :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphzoontjens View Post
    ... You could use simple aluminum tubing with rubber feet available at your DIY store...
    This. Plastic tubing would be fine too. Cheaper definitely.

Staff Engineer
    A piece of PVC pipe would probably work fine, if the diameter was right.