Very interesting.
So, in regards to ABS and ASA, do you think there is a point at which chamber temp is to high while printing for warping or curling? I am running at 100 on the bed and 230 on extrusion.
After some time the chamber on my FFCP stabilizes around 108c while printing ABS and that may have been when I ran the bed at 110c.

Quote Originally Posted by Alibert View Post
I am a chemical engineer by profession, so not that afraid of polymer properties...

Just a quick post:

Some time ago I stumbled on this post: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ot/4evJNxIPY2E

I have looked up typical glass transition temperatures and linear expansion coefficients and set up a graph plotting chamber temps versus estimated stress for a number of polymers. Assuming an ambient of 30 C for PLA, that means that one has no problems with a stress of around 100. The PETG almost superimposes the PLA which explains the 'low-warp'. Extrapolated to ABS, it means that 65 C would bring it to the same stress level as PLA, thus virtually warp-free. I still need to verify that assumption.

Also, polycarbonate (PC) requires a lot of adhesion to the build plate to overcome the stresses and not warp. So far I am having good success with PEI and parts with dimensions up to 100-120mm.

stress_Tg.jpg