I had dialed in my PLA/PHA to 195 and 40 on the bed.
I leveled the bed cold and then heated bed and nozzles and leveled again. The reason for the cold level at first was due to adding the PrintBite I needed to adjust as it is thicker than the blue sticker.
Then I did the hot leveling. I always end with hot leveling. I have adjust and adjusted. I will tighten up even more on it though. I have been leveling using the leveling card QIDI sent. I will go back to paper.

Heating my PLA/PHA to 205 resulted in a melted mess. I dropped it back to 195 and heated the bed to 60 degrees and added a raft. So far it is sticking longer than other prints. I will know for sure in a few more mins the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
okay - two (could be more lol) things that are obvious to me.

1) bed levelling. Printbite is only used hot - why are levelling a cold bed ?

2) the bed heat needs to be at least 60c for pla and most other filaments - never go lower, but for some things you need to go hotter. Always calibrate with bed and extruder at printing temps.
That said, I calibrate at 225 and that suits my printer for everything from 200-260.

2.5) print your pla at least at 205 - 210-215 is usually better.

3) calibrate tighter, that front bead you have is practically round. ie: almost no downward pressure on the bead at all. Now that's fine for flexible filaments and really good zero-warp filaments, but utterly useless for normal price range pla.

4) You can adjust z-level in the slicer, well you can in simplify 3d - nevber looked in anything else. I adjust downward pressure (z-level adjustment) for different filaments and different size models.

Printbite is like everything else - you need to get your settings right. But at the moment you're just not using enough heat :-)