Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
And to top it off you're now using that higher priced Raptor stuff. Just a perfect storm there. Maybe Talon is right and there will be a pent-up demand hitting soon? I've tried using the Raptor again here and so far, no jams. (More salt over left shoulder and knocking on wood colored Formica.)

Pokemon Go crazy people around here are banging on the door for Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander etc. Maybe there is some demand for them down your way... I just discovered that I can "paint" on PLA or ABS with metallic marker pens. It's solid color, goes on easy and once dry, stays there. I am using the pens for coloring eyes and toenails / claws etc. on Pokemon thingys.
Go to WalMart or Home Depot and get a can of Krylon Fusion. It has a very light adhesion promotor in it that works perfect on ABS, PLA, and PeTG. It is pretty cheap too, $4 a can. A real light coat of that stuff (Im talking light, just a bit more than a duster coat) and you can paint on it with ANYTHING....autobody paint, acrillic craft paint...anything.

Go one step further and get yourself some Elmers wood filler putty (the cheap indoor stuff will work just fine). Do a thin coat of that and a quick sanding with some high grit paper, then base coat of Fusion and watever ya want for topcoat.
End result is something you would never guess came out of a 3D printer.