Quote Originally Posted by JimHs1 View Post
No I didn't buy one, as the local library has one available for use. Yes, I thought they were way overpriced and wasn't considering a purchase, at least not until I had several scans that turned out good.

Thanks, but I would hate to have you spend your time on a project of mine. I will try the library scanner first them MAY take you up on your offer. My biggest problem is finding a reasonable 3d CAD and learning to use it. I have used TinkerCAD for some basic items, but it doesn't have the capability (or maybe its just me) for this part. I have tried but after several hours I gave up. I have tried Fusion360, but tis capabilities and how to use them are not obvious (at least to me).
I have been using Fusion 360 and it is very powerful - similar to Solidworks but it is a bit of a learning curve. I started with Sketchup but quickly learned it does not produce the best print ready files.
I am learning fusion by starting with basic items and learning processes to apply later to more complicated things.