I'm self-learning about the use of 3d scanners so pls forgive any odd questions.

I see from cursory research that Kinect V2 don't scan well? The articles I've found date from years ago, have things changed that make the V2 viable over the 360 v1?

It's tough to tell if the Skanect software actually supports V2 now, as prior at release they did not as they claimed the results were unsatisfactory. Is this a fact due to the hardware being different or simply the software tools not accessing the capabilities proficiently yet?

Also curious if it is beneficial to have 2 or more Kinect sensors to scan at same time and then merge the data into one object, or is simply walking around the subject good enough with just 1 sensor?

How much better are the retail/commercially sold scanners vs what you can get from the Kinect v1?

I plan to scan the human form for 3d printing and experiment with portraits. Any advice and links related to making small scale full body portrait scanning (technique and tech related) would be appreciated

Thanks so much