Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Syd_Khaos View Post
    I have...and for most stuff it seems to create more strings and phantom towers.
    Granted I have never messed with fan speed or such.

The Qidi seems enclosed, but I can assure you this machine has plenty of breathing room. Not on par with an open frame machine I'm sure, but this machine is far from an closed off print area.
    I am planning to use active cooling one my lexan plates get here, but then the machine really will be in a sealed environment.

Gonna take couple months to get my new set up done, but I'll have to snap a shot for yall, its gonna be silly awesome.
    The people saying the fan on ABS makes a lot of difference are those who made a totally enclosed case around their printers (all were RepRaps) so it makes sense since the inside temps can get pretty hot in there so a fan blowing is a wise move. Like a 100f day in the summer with a fan blowing through 200f, or higher, water+coolant through a radiator keeps your car going. 100f compared to 200f plus is a chill so basically the same on the ABS in a totally enclosed case.

This Qidi does have a warmer inside but not as warm as when I stuck a box over my I3. I never did do a fan on it when inside the box but it was just a test and the ABS worked for tall objects with the bed in a 20c room. Without the box forget it with a fan or without.

edit: The enclosed case with the Qidi is really meant to keep drafts off the print, and the steel frame case for rigidity, than anything else I think.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 05-08-2016 at 01:38 PM.