Hi all,
I am new to 3D Printing and at the beginning of my journey. I read a lot about the topic and now want to start with something I can make use of. I am a big fan of aviation and therefore I wanted to build up a skillset to create a home-cockpit. Well.. maybe a bit basic in the beginning, but learning my stuff step by step. I know my stuff around electronics and coding, but I have tons to learn about 3D printing and design. Maybe you might think the idea is crazy, but I learnt the most in the past by just doing things on projects I would like to bring to life. I want to use rapid prototyping techniques so no sheet metal etc. and learn about how to use the rub down transfer to create button text etc. and how to learn about creating a faceplate design. This is the thing I want to do:

Plate.jpg
This picture is property of emuteq.com

I have kind of an idea about the electronics parts, but I want to learn how to create a faceplace like this. How do I start? Is there any good reference material, I can start with? Would really appreciate some kickstart on this and appreciate any help!

Thank you,
Sebastian