Close

Threaded View

Hi, New to forum. Have CTC and some technical questions on thermocouples

Glad to see this is a an active CTC forum

I have my CTC about a week now and can print basic shapes etc.. but like many I've had some issues at the start.

My main problem is the extreamly inacurate temp sensors, on the Hotbed and extruders.

As a result I have to run the extruders at 280 (the max in software) to bearly achieve 215 at the head.
    The Bed is not so bad I run this at 100 in software to get about 70 degrees measured with an infrared temp probe.
    I measured the Bed thermistor at 67K Ohms, (totally wrong value) so I've ordered a 100K instead.

Thermocouples are generally accurate, it's the reading circuit that induces error.

My guess is that CTC may have either populated the PCB with 'wrong value' components or just used very poor quality parts (most likely).

So question:
    Has anyone attempted to swap out resistors on the PCB to attain better thermocouple readings?

I'm going to give it a go, but if anyone can chime in.. please do.

And if possible I'll do the same on the thermistor, there is a 4.7k series resistor whick I might play with.

Cheers
    Ray
    PS, still running Makerware... but will switch to Sailfish as soon as I've resolved these issues.

other issues I've hit...
    Poor pressure from the extruder feeders, replacements ordered.
    No feeder guide tubes were shipped with my CTC, so I'm having to babysit it.
    The supplied CTC filament has a high melt point so I can't use it, using Excelvan and it seems to melt at 210.
    The aluminum hot bed is NOT flat.. so glass bed ordered.
    Last edited by Raymo; 04-09-2016 at 05:06 AM.