Kevin, I noticed new version has a few more settings but the majority are in both. The config Makerfarm supplies has a lot of settings at zero/default as well so what I did was start with a blank scli3r 1.2.9 changed every setting in 1.2.9 that's in 0.9.9 to match the older then saved it( I know it's the same as loading the 0.9.9 but this way I know all the setting and nothing is getting messed up on the import). Now it's a 7matter of finding why the 0.9.9 slic3r worked and 1.2.9 doesn't with all the settings the same. I'm guessing that even though a setting may be blank it's still used for calculation somewhere and that the default value 1.2.9 uses is different than 0.9.9, but not knowing what each setting is supposed to control and when to chamge it I was hoping someone that's had same or similar problem could point me in right direction.

In my line of work with things people have learned over the years the people have a tendency to not just hand them out to beginners as they want them to learn the hard way like they did. It's almost a rite of passage kind of thing. Home 3d printing people I've noticed aren't usually that way, but I've run across a couple that seem to be.