Hi Everyone,

I'm new to 3d Printing. I just bought a FlashForge Dreamer which ships with FlashPrint. When I installed it immediately updated to 3.8.x

I've had a 3d file professionally created which is a very simple polygon base and some text in the middle. The designer selected different materials for the base and text and set the colors. However there is absolutely no way, that I can see, to get FlashPrint to recognize that a single model has different attributes. It is not picking up those attributes when I load the 3d files(had designer try multiple versions like STL and so on) in order to print color.

Instead, it seams you have to produce separate models and manually set the left/right extruder per model/object? This is a nightmare!!! What if I wanted the base orange, the text orange, and polygon border black? That is three models I then have to attempt to align properly in the software?

My designer has also told me that text is an extrusion of the polygon, and cannot be produced individually in SolidWorks. So what am I to? Are there more advanced 3d printing programs I might be able to buy that are compatible with this printer? It seems that the default program is not very good at all. I'm disappointed because when I buy a 3d printer with two colors, I don't want to have to be a CAD expert in order to produce these models and then align them properly.

Any help is appreciated!
Jon