Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse

Those Black Replicator 2 / flashforge clones going on Ebay for $500-$599

Well, I decided I needed a backup printer (to back up the other 7 lol) and no, wife doesn't know yet. Like all the other printers..it will magically appear in my workshop and she'll say "is that a new one?" and I'll reply "Nah had that one for ages..."

I was looking for another flashforge original (FF pro still too price for me for what it is sorry, I'f I'm going to spend $1500 I'll spend $2k on an Ultimaker, seriously, they are ******* good printers, just expensive!

I paid I think $1200 for my flashforge dual years ago, and they are still like $800-$1000.... I can't believe they are still so high.

The Flashforge Finder?? only build plate of 140x140x140
    The Flashforge Dreamer?? Too many bad reviews, enclosed case, too many gadgets for my liking.
    The Flashforge Guider?? Hmm tempting!! the new Guider has a bigger build plate, but they are $2k
    (if you have not seen a guider, check this ebay sale out.. but a little too pricey.. Have seen them for $2100AU

So I saw these Black Replicator 2 clones on Ebay, I thought $599?? so I check all comments on all sellers, and besides a few "ELECTRICAL HAZARD!!! BLEW UP! DO NOT BUY!!" , they also had good reviews, and youtube reviews were very good. Whether it's actually a CTC printer I don't know, it's just a black printer... no name.

The Electrical hazard ... I can only assume they did not check the power supply for the 110/240v!! sure.. it will explode if you put 240v into a 110v power supply!! it does say it in gigantic letters in the Ebay sale and pretty much every single printer manual that exists.. and computer manual... and just about every other manual since 1985 that involves international power specs.

So apparently it will be here by friday says the Ebay note, it's been shipped, bought it last night... so will give a good review when it's here.

Has anyone else had experience with these? pic attached..

3pd.JPG
    Last edited by Geoff; 02-29-2016 at 12:59 AM.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com