I'm currently working on doing some large prints with my Flashforge Creator Pro, and am having great difficulty with both printing with and without a raft. Currently I'm slicing files with the Makerbot software.

Whenever I try a raft, the print is seriously stuck to the raft. It doesn't want to break away at all. I've tried carefully prying it off with various tools like an xacto knife, but it just isn't enough. I can't get between the model and support at all. I've tried multiple prints all at different raft settings, but it all ends up being the same, the raft is stuck and if it does come off it leaves marks along the bottom of the print.

When trying to print without a raft, the first layer won't go down well. The outer edges of the print usually stay in place, but the inner parts won't adhere to the bed. Or if they do, they'll quickly get caught by the nozzle and attach to it as it moves around. The result is often a shell with broken and stringy lines in the middle of the print. Because the filament often starts to stick to the nozzle as it moves around, I abort the print and clean it off. Don't like the idea of filament possibly pooling around the nozzle for any length of time.

Does anyone have suggestions? Right now I'm using PLA at 230 degrees, and the print bed heated to 60 degrees.