Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
@ jeff
lol yeah. I got two rolls of esun pla with my klic-n-print machine. Hands down the worst filaments I've ever tried.
And yet esun has a good name - so who knows.

What you need to bear in mind is that environmental conditions also play a fairly significant part. My workshop is pretty much always around 45-55% humidity. Temps vary between 14c in winter (today for example) and a max of 27 in the summer.
I find that this seems to be ideal conditions for most pla and leaving it out of airtight packaging doesn't seem to effect it at all either.
With white filament The bit of filament in the tube can become brittle. But I reckon that's more to do with the white colourant than the pla itself.

So everyone's working environment is different - that's one set of variables

How you have your machine setup can be a lot different. The slicer you use can be different, the way you design will be different, and the speed, infill and shellls/layers you use will also most likely be different.

If you mix all those variables together - it's no wonder that the same filament can perform differently for different people.
This is so true. Where you live can definitely affect your prints. It shoukd definitely be factored in.