Hi all,
glad I found this forum, been a lurker for a while, but now I need some guidance for a part I'd like to make. I have a PRUSA 3d printer, heated bed, etc.... I've had lots of fun getting it working and printing all sorts of cool things with it... learning a ton while printing too :-)
Now I'm in need of a block with two inverted triangles hanging off on a 1/4" long by 1/8"wide "stem", the points of the triangles have to be 2" apart from each other and the triangles have to be 3/8" at their widest point.

I've tried to make the part in Photoshop to exact dimensions (which I have), then import into meshmaker and save as an STL file to print, then bring it into Cura to slice and print.
However when I bring it into Cura to slice and print, it always comes imports HUGE and I have to try and scale it down... tried several times and it's frustrating doing it this way as I can never get it to the proper dimensions. Why is it always so HUGE when I import into Cura? it's always so big it fills up the screen kinda big :-(
I'm very careful with my dimensions within Photoshop...

There has got to be a better way... an easier program to use, perhaps something I can use to draw the shape to the right size, then maybe slice and print with it too? Heck, I'd be happy if I could simply import the part into Cura and have it retain the drawn dimentions....
What should I be using to make the part to exact specifications and then slice it and print it? I have a lot of experience with Photoshop, so I'm no stranger to that type of software... however Autocad or solidworks might have too steep of a learning curve for me for this purpose... I'd love something nice and easy to start off with...

thanks all!
Mike B