Some people have expressed concern that the scanner stuff were working on is feature creep.
Id just like to clarify that It is not. Here are some reasons why the scanner is being worked on.

1. I said in our main campaign video "and on top of all that, when combined with a camera it(the peachy printer) with be a 3D Scanner too"
not only did we say that every peachy printer would be a scanner we said it in the first 25 seconds of the main video, so we didnt exactly brush over it. We even showed footage of a scan that was done with software I wrote
to prove to the team at the time that it was possible to include a scanner within the 100 dollar kits budget.

2. People spent money on the scanner specifically. Not only did we sell 3D scanner add-ons, we also have heard from some of our backers that they bought the 100 dollar printer kit because they were interested in
its ability to be a 3d scanner, and didn’t really care as much about it being a printer.

For These reasons I will continue to develop the scanner.

Now that the peachy team is working on the scanner its getting exciting!
Not only are we still confident that we can ship it with every 100 dollar kit.
James Is making massive improvements to the software, and over the first 3 weeks has had many breakthrough realizations.
Erik Is making simple and easy to build hardware, and just yesterday he had a breakthrough realization.
And just like the 3D printer, it looks like we can make the scanner customizable so that you can hack it to scan much larger or smaller objects if you want.