Close

Threaded View

ESUN PETG Filament with Flashforge Creator Pro - getting stuck way to hard to the bed

Hello,

Has anyone here tried using the ESUN PETG filament with their Flashforge Creator Pro before? I have read good things about it and other places where people have used it with the Flashforge Creator Pro such as in Amazon reviews and they had positive feedback. I tried using it and it extrudes good at 230-255C (I tried both). I started to 3D Print a simple Christmas Tree from thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:14222, but it has been nothing but a nightmare to get these prints unstuck from the bed! They stick way too good! So much that even the little "blob" that is created when the extruder skirts the corner to cut off the little bit of filament that drools before starting to print was so difficult to remove that I ripped a small corner of the blue tape that comes with the Flash Forge on the bed along with it.

I have never had an issue with PLA sticking too hard other than I always had to heat the bed a little more for it to remove or remove it right away before the bed cools. I was never able to remove PLA prints from a cold bed. My usual settings for PLA are 210C extruder and 40C heated bed.

The settings I have used are all the same as for PLA except temperature. For this 3D print I used an extruder temp of 255C and a bed temp of 80C. When I first started printing it seemed a bit weird as the outline of the print it first makes was clear and it wasn't until after the first or second layer was complete I could see the "green" color of the filament. I thought this was an extrusion problem at first, but every other layer came out perfect.

I also tried an extruder temp of 230C, but I got the same issue of the little bit in the corner getting way too stuck to the bed and it just drawing "clear lines" on the print bed for the first layer.

But the problems really started happening trying to remove the print. I first let the bed cool down to room temperature, this didn't work. Then I preheat the bed to 90C. The print started to remove but after removing about half the print, the bottom started to appear "melted" and some of it stayed stuck to the bed. I still hard a hard time removing it, but after a lot of effort using different sized pallet knives I was able to remove it. This stuff is very strong and flexible so it didn't break.

Also, the blue tape on the bed still contains a slightly clear outline of the print that will not come off with alcohol; however, this isn't causing any bed adhesion issues as I am printing with PLA now without any issues. But I wonder if there is a way to properly clean this. I really don't want to replace the tape again as it was a nightmare to get all that glue off the bed. Another question I have is. If I ever need to replace the blue tape again, is there an easy way to get all that nasty glue that remains stuck to the bed? It took me almost an entire day removing it with GOO GONF.

Here is a picture of how the print looked after removing it, in case this helps.

IMG_20151107_225805.jpg

Bottom

IMG_20151107_225815.jpg
    Last edited by ViralCipher; 11-07-2015 at 10:33 PM.