I am looking for a local business opportunity, here in my city the 3d business is not exploited yet. I can foresee good business opportunities:
1. Create 3d objects by requests
2. Create easy 3d objects for sale, eg:
iphone stands, iphone cases and other stuff.
3, Universities dont each anything about this, and maybe in the education sector I could foresee teaching about this topic.

I have read more or less 1 week about this, but some things are not very clear to me:

1. If I buy a printer, which parts need frequent replacement and I should buy some extras? Nozzles? other parts?
2. Why would I buy a Kit instead of an assembled printed?
3. As far as I know its only to print things with one color filament? Example if I want to print a 3D Minion with the yellow, black and blue, I cant with any printer?
4. If I want a printer that uses the most kind of materials, what should I look for? I see most printers are compatible with ABS and PLA, but what about if I want to use Nylon, Metals, Carbon?

How is quality measured? in Microns? I saw one with 20 Microns, what does that exactly mean? will it create better curves? better complex intersections?

Lets talk about a cube, if I want to print something solid, is that something the printer does, or the designer has to do it in the 3D Software?