I am very new to troubleshooting the problems with these printers, so I have a few issues that I could use some help with.

I will start off saying I have a flashforge creator pro, with a brand new extruder head (replaced yesterday). And for slicing I use Simplify3D.

1. The first and biggest issue is the heating bed not preheating when starting a print. This is the ONLY time it happens. I can successfully preheat the bed if I do it manually through the preheat settings. Before this issue the printer would heat up both nozzles and then when they reached temperature, it would start to heat up the bed, now it only heats the nozzles and the print starts up... There must be something I'm missing.

2. Another issue I am having is the Nozzle extruding material before it starts the build. It will extrude a string of material that curls up and gets stuck to the nozzle, resulting in an immediately failed print. Do I need to turn down my temperatures on the nozzle? Is this a normal occurrence?

3. To level my build plate I used a business card, and it can pretty loosely slide under the nozzles, how tight do I want the gap to be? and will my prints even stick if the heated bed isnt working?

Any help is really appreciated, need to get this thing running and I'm not great at fixing stuff so hopefully you guys can help me out! thanks in advance