Close

Threaded View

Thanks for the help.

I am pretty sure that I am not using the code you are referring to that uses probe_pt(), so I went to try and get it by clicking on the "M48.c" link that is on the first post in this thread, but all I get is a black screen with

http://3dprintboard.com/attachment.p...5&d=1398698586

Then, I saw in the previous few posts that you specify a link to the main Marlin code, which I pulled and it looks identical to the code I have - the M48 code never calls probe_pt() but run_z_probe().

Looking at run_z_probe(), it does (in summary) calls to:

prepare_move_raw();
    st_synchronize();
    endstops_hit_on_purpose();

enable_endstops(false);

calculate_delta(current_position);
    plan_set_position(delta[X_AXIS], delta[Y_AXIS], delta[Z_AXIS], current_position[E_AXIS]);

float zPosition = -10;
    plan_buffer_line(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], zPosition, current_position[E_AXIS], feedrate/60, active_extruder);
    st_synchronize();

// we have to let the planner know where we are right now as it is not where we said to go.
    zPosition = st_get_position_mm(Z_AXIS);
    plan_set_position(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], zPosition, current_position[E_AXIS]);

// move up the retract distance
    zPosition += home_retract_mm(Z_AXIS);
    plan_buffer_line(current_position[X_AXIS], current_position[Y_AXIS], zPosition, current_position[E_AXIS], feedrate/60, active_extruder);
    st_synchronize();

// move back down slowly to find bed
    feedrate = homing_feedrate[Z_AXIS]/4;
    zPosition -= home_retract_mm(Z_AXIS) * 2;
    st_synchronize();

and then returns the Z position found.

So, it never makes a call to probe_pt(). However, this does not appear to be working in my config. It looks like it ought to work for a delta, but it always just returns without having moved the probe and returns the same Z position it started with. Kinda stuck.

Is odd that the probe_pt() routine is still in marlin_main.cpp, and it's called by the auto leveling command g29, but not g30, so I guess when M48 was "folded in" someone rewrote some of it? I kinda wanted to tackle g29 and g30 next, so I guess I need to figure out what's wrong with run_z_probe().
    Last edited by revwarguy; 05-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.