I am trying to gather information regarding the weathering and photo-oxidative degradation of various 3D printing Materials. I have a product that must be personalized for every user and it is used in a high UV, saltwater environment. The main selling point is the various colors that can be printed with a dual extruder. Unfortunately I can only meet a fair price point and features by using a 3D printer.

I am currently using ABS as my main printing material and I have perfected the print at the quickest speed. The problem is that my research came up with many issues with ABS weathering. One such example was a major automotive recall due to degradation of ABS plastic seat belts. I think that any polymer will eventually degrade and the pigments will fade with time, but what i'd like to do is increase service life of the part and offer a warranty.

I ordered some Taulman 3D Nylon 618, but i'd have to dye the stuff myself. The other option is to use IC3D ABS in various colors and install a dual extruder on my Taz 5. My question is what is recommended for longevity? What are your experiences using 3D printed parts in a outdoor environment?