I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for a 'good' silver ABS filament? I'm looking for something that extrudes cleanly and looks good (and actually, you know, silver) after cold acetone vapor smoothing.

I purchased some eSun silver ABS online and had lots and lots of problems. The filament (despite being vacuum sealed with desiccant) seems to have moisture. When I first used it, it was popping / hissing / smoking, not to mention lumpy on extrusion. I tried drying it in the oven (a couple times @ 190F for 2 hours) and the popping / hissing / smoking went away but the extrusion is still lumpy. After vapor smoothing, some of the filament turned to a dark grey while other strands stayed silver. Overall inconsistent. It's an interesting effect, but not what I'm going for.

I then purchased some MG Chemicals silver ABS locally (from Fry's) and the extrusion is smooth. The overall silver look is minimal though and after smoothing it's just light grey, not silver (but it is consistent).

After $50 or so down the tube on a couple tries, I'd like to get some advice before sinking more money into this... any suggestions?