Looking at MakerFarm i3v 3-D printer, have gotten a lot of info from this forum-- thanks!

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to cnc and 3D printing. I'm looking to be able to print machine parts, like gears, bearings, shafts, housings, etc.

Still have a few questions--

Prior to assembly, is it necessary to check the stepper motor potential? If so, how does one do that? Can adjustments be made after assembly?

For the best and most consistent, even heating, is an aluminum bed necessary?

If one is going to go with the regular heated bed and use a glass plate, what type of glass is recommended? Does the glass have to be borosilicate or can it be a different material such as a piece of granite like a granite tile (very flat) from Home Depot?

If I chose to machine my own metal bed, could I use something with a thickness of 1/4-3/8 inch? Could it be cast iron, stainless steel or aluminum? Would that work? Would that change the power requirements?

Does the heated bed relay significantly improve temperature control and reduce risk of damaging electronics? Is it easy to install and set up?

How does one do the auto self leveling for the bed? Is the process changed if using a metal bed?

Which electronics packages has the best expandability?

Can this 3-D printer print metal filaments?

Are there any filaments and/or manufacturer one should not use?

How easy is it to change nozzles for different size filaments?

What power source is most appropriate, 12 V or 24 V, and does this have any bearing on the electronics package choice?

With respect to the couplers, there is a recommendation to get metal couplers. Do you recommend this, and what type?

Is Kapton tape necessary for anything?

What Windows operating systems will work with this machine?

Are the .stl files for all components available for download?

With improved hardware adjustments, what is an anticipated total cost?

Thanks very much in advance, and looking forward to 3D printing!

Larry