Hi!

I was trying to upgrade my replicator-1 to a later makerbot firmware version. Tried all the various suggested ways, with desktop or replicator-g, and so on. It always failed. Now, however, the display has two rows of filled-in characters (as opposed to the various push-the-button menu items), and the device cannot be connected to by either desktop or replicator-g.

The windows machine it is hooked to sees the usb connection of the device when connected (and notices it gone when disconnected, or powered off when connected.) Replicator-g sees the comm3-connected-ness of the printer. However, neither can connect to the device to issue commands (including factory-reset, obviously). Power cycles, power disconnects and let sit for a while, and reset button presses are no go. The motors come on, and the backlight for the console is on, so it is getting power.

Since it's a rep-1, makerbot's support doesn't exactly admit it exists. Is there some way I can get my little old printer back, even with the old firmware, or with new?

Thanks!

Charles