Hello
Since yesterday, after updating to the current desktop and firmware versions, I've been having problem after problem on the makerbot 5th gen printer. It started yesterday, with error 16 - extruder carraige is disconnected. I googled (better than makerbot support), and found that sometimes shutting down and restarting makes the problem go away. I did just that. Again - same problem. So I set my printer to factory settings, and then my desktop stopped recognizing my printer even with USB, I could not get the printer on my wifi, so there was no connectivity to either my laptop or the internet. Frustration set in and I switched the printer off.
Today, in the morning, I restarted the printer, and it started working nice, as if there had been no problem. I started a print, and went out. When I came back, there was the error that the extruder itself was detached, when it was not. I re-attached it, and resumed the print. This happened 2-3 times more, before the print was complete. Then I started another print, and this time I got the error toolhead command tx failure error 1008. Again, restart. Then I heard a noise, and went to check in. I saw the extruder lying away somewhere on the plate. So I attached the extruder again, and restarted the print this time. But with this print, the extruder comes loose itself every now and then.
Any help would be appreciated. I have opened a support ticket with makerbot too.
thanks