Close

Threaded View

Engineer-in-Training
    Tried Cura, liked it. I started a thread on that as I have some questions on the support it generates but overall I liked the print better than the maker generated code.

I have another problem though. My printer is down for the count. I am really struggling with the inconsistent first layer quality and was inspecting the micro endstop when I noticed a bunch of ABS build up on the top of the hotend. I tried to take the fan off and it was not coming off! It has melted to the hotend and there is a bunch of ABS material up there. How could that have gotten up there?

Either I have a leak from the start or something else is happening. My theory is that in some of my prints the nozzle is touching the glass forcing the material to be squeezed out the top. Does this make sense and could it happen?

Well, I broke my thermistor so I have to get a new one. Man, it's weird, but I am happily frustrated with the process. Yeah, i am having troubles but I am enjoying it. Thanks again for all your help guys (Gals, don't really know!)
    Attached Images Attached Images