Close

Threaded View

Thermal Runaway Protection (Dual Extruders)

I enabled thermal runaway protection after reading the comments in the "Configuration.h" file about fires and mayhem. It seemed prudent. Surprisingly, I can't seem to find much info about the features in this forum.

- However, my first print was halted by the feature (it works!) and now I'm wondering what actually triggered it.

I have just completed the excellent "Itty Bitty Dual Extruder" build for my Makerfarm 10' i3V, and think that perhaps the extruder that was NOT engaged (read: heated) triggered the shutdown? The close proximity of the two hot ends could mean that the working temp of one sends the other one out of bounds... am I off base?

Should I also increase the "thermal_runaway_protection_hysteresis" by a few degrees in the meantime?

--

Edit: It's not the hot ends, it's the heated bed... over the course of printing the temperature slowly drops out of range. This is new; it's printed for dozens of hours at temp - I'll have to figure this out separately.
    Last edited by paulpangrazzi; 01-26-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Clarified vague language