Hi all,

I was surprised at christmas with a 3d printer (a Dreamer), and I'm beginning to futz with it now. I am having some serious issues with the default software FlashForge distributes on this OS (its a fresh windows 7 installation). I am able to print a design, but I can't do any on-the-fly modifications to the .stl design I downloaded, like scale or rotate or any of that; none of the buttons that control any of that show up in my GUI, and there aren't menu options to control this stuff. The software is still usable, but just barely.

I would open a support case to FlashForge about it, but they're also not impressing me with their level of software competence. Things like, they mis-spelled "Print" in the registry settings in the first installer I downloaded (although they seem to have fixed that in a subsequent version), and their webpage-based method for requesting support is broken, in I.E. and in Chrome. That seems like a long hard road.

What I am hoping is that I can use 3rd party software to interface with the printer, which seems to work just fine. Can someone make a suggestion? Or am I stuck with this software?

Jason