So what is everyone's preferred method of calibration?

I have been having horrible warping issues with ABS, as well as inconsistent layer thickness etc. I started out by doing the rough e-steps calibration by zennmasterM on youtube and moved on to the single layer thick wall fine calibration and that keeps failing miserably with inconsistent results every time. I think that is partly due to the needed temperature being off.

I live in a 100 year old house so it's fairly drafty and until i manage to get the front door fully sealed off there always going to be a minor draft. I've used Glue stick, and Hairspray but stayed away from acetone because it's in the house and children being able to be near is a very real possibility.

So suggestions for calibrating the machine in general? where should i start? there are so many things to cover and there is so much overlapping info some of it dated some of it not... i'm kinda lost in the information at this point.

I will say the bed is set, and stays set thanks to ABL, but beyond that i'm at a bit of a loss.