Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Here's a link to the slot covers AbuMaia is referring to - http://openbuildspartstore.com/slot-cover-panel-holder/. I used some to form wiring channels in the v-rails, but never got around to installing the decorative ones facing forward.

They do fit in the slots fairly loose and tend to slide around. Use of the M5 bolts and washers on the end of the rails is a good idea - especially for the Z rails. Bending the legs apart on part of the plastic cover may help. I think I pondered using a bit of double sided tape on one end to help hold them in place. The segments I installed with wires and expandable cable wrap are held in place fine by the wiring.

For the bolt heads on the back side of the X carriage shelf, mine were rubbing into the aluminum v-rail so those bolts were replaced with button head type. I had made the problem worse by trying to use flat washers under all the bolt heads, but even without the washers there isn't much clearance there.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT: I haven't verified this, but for those wondering, I don't think you can install the channel cover over slots where the wheels will ride.
    Last edited by printbus; 12-05-2014 at 03:27 AM. Reason: grammar