So I've never really used the right extruder.
Nozzle got blocked when I first had the machine, so it was completely removed for a while.
Then when I put it back I found the left had worn too short. So removed nozzle again until I had a replacement nozzle for the left extruder.

I actually put a 0.5m nozzle on righty. Then I got simplify3d and discovered that I couldn't get it to print with the right extruder at all.
Still haven't fixed that.

makerware doesn't have an issue - but no option to tell it I've got a 0.5mm nozzle.
So haven't been using righty much art all.

I did do some trolley tokens (nothing tall) with the right and it didn't seem to make much difference makerware not knowing that it was not a 0.4 nozzle.

So I've now got a 0.4mm nozzle for the right.

tried it last night with makerware and known models and filament. And it'll load and unload filament without any issues. It'll print the first few layers, without any problems. But when it starts to print much beyond about 5 mm it starts to lose filament.
No clicking sounds from the extruder, temps are fine, but the filament just gradually stops extruding.

Used different filaments, no difference. Everything works fine with the left extruder.

it's almost as if the right extruder loses power as the model gets taller. Nozzle isn't blocked, loads and unloads filament with no clicking or feed problems. filament comes down straight.
just won't print anything taller than a few mm.

I'm pretty much stumped at this point.

Thoughts please.