I am running a men's retreat in the new year and one of the things that will be occuring is a demo of 3d printing - (assuming I can get my printer by then and have it all running well..)

I'm throwing around different ideas about stuff that could be printed during the event to have as giveaways. One of the things that I'm thinking about is a duct tape dispenser or some sort of other manly nick nack with the winners name on it. So the idea would be to hold a contest Friday night or early Saturday morning and then have the printer work away on the project all throughout the weekend. Sunday before everyone leaves, we would present the prize to the winner. During the weekend, people would be able to walk by and have a look at the printers progress.

There are some hurdles that I need to overcome (namely getting a printer that works and is 'dialed in') but one thing I'm having a bit of trouble with is how to insert text onto objects in a quick and easy manner. I only have rudimentary 3d modelling abilities and only have access to free programs (Blender for instance). There wouldn't happen to be a simple way to do this would there? I can currently do it, but it takes me awhile and a lot of monkeying around...

Thanks!
-Dave