I'll be honest and say that I was semi-intentionally stress testing things just to see what would happen. I printed the calibration cube, then a desktop statuette from thingiverse, then another small part. All with rafts, and all without once cleaning the build surface (still the original kapton tape that it shipped with). All three prints seemed to have no problem sticking to the platform. Decided to try my hand at designing and printing a 2 color part and that's where it all went bad. My creator pro came with a handle for the acrylic door but the holes in the door were not wide enough apart to attach it. So I figured I'd just print a new one and use that as an excuse to try dual extrusion. I followed all 2 paragraphs of instructions in the manual on how to set up a 2 color print. Right away I could tell there was something wrong as the first layer seemed to be missing a big section but I let it run for a few minutes to see what would happen. After a while the part looked like it was printing but after a little more of a while when i checked back I noticed the ends were curling away from the platform and things weren't looking so great. Cancelled the print and removed the mess. My day is just about done so cleaning and test #2 will have to wait until tomorrow but in the meantime I'm curious about something. In the ReplicatorG instructions it says to uncheck the raft/support box in both pop-ups when generating the g-code. Why? Rafts definitely result in some post processing to get nice looking parts but they seem to work well as far as producing good prints. Is there a fault in the merge process that screws things up if the rafts are enabled?

In case anyone cares I'm printing with two colors of ABS, 230/110 nozzle/bed temps. Print was set to 2 shells, 20% infill, 60mm/s feedrate, .2mm layer height