With my first printer due to arrive within the next couple hours, my brain has been running non-stop thinking of things to print, projects to prototype, and ways to improve the properties of the printed parts to make them more functional. That being the case and realizing the limitations of plastic from a structural perspective, has anyone attempted to print a part that contains threaded or structural inserts? As an example, the typical point and shoot camera has a plastic body but often has a 1/4-20 thread at the bottom for use with a tripod. That thread is not molded into the plastic but rather is a metal insert that the case is molded around. I'm curious if a print could be stopped or paused partway through to allow inserts to be placed into the partially printed model, then the print would be resumed (or a "2nd" part is printed without removing the first one and without moving the build platform) such that when it's finished the metal insert becomes fully encased in the plastic part. While this wouldn't necessarily result in printed parts that would be suited for more stressful environments, I could see this sort of work flow being useful for printing functional prototypes of mechanical devices. Another possible application would be a structural framework inserted into the part. The plastic surrounding it is used solely for cosmetic purposes while the metal frame serves to give the part the necessary strength for whatever it's being used for.