If you saw my latest thread a few weeks ago, you'll know that I purchased a spool of mystery filament from MakerGeeks and received a lime green ABS. I think this was the worst thing I've ever done when it comes to my i3v. Ever since, I've had an unfixable issue with filament jams and the hobbed bolt tearing at other, quality filaments in the extruder block. I've taken apart the entire hot end 2 times now, soaking the brass pieces in acetone for 3 days on the latter time. No matter what I do, I cannot keep the filament from extruding a little, then f***ing up and getting chewed up, making an easy 4 inches of material useless. I've probably wasted 1/4 of a spool of quality MakerFarm filament just trying to fix the issue with various idler tensions and extrusion speeds -- nothing works. MakerGeeks' Chinese rebrand (my shipment box even had Chinese on it, c'mon MakerGeeks) trash wrecked my hot end.

I'm ordering an E3Dv6 Bowden and I'll have to somehow mount it so I can actually print mounting parts.

I'm welcome to any suggestions before I toss away my old J-Head 0.35mm since it's done. I'm not even worried about destroying it at this point.