Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    okay - so $3000.

Maybe Start looking at deltas - nothing else looks as good in an office environment.

As far as using ninjaflex goes - I can do this perfectly on a $800 flashforge creator with an unmodified extruder.

However you won't get the build volume you're after. Which is a shame as otherwise a flashforge creator pro would definitely hit the spot.

Have you thought about an ultimaker 2 ?
    They have dual extruder kits and are, by all accounts are as good as they claim.

Failing that look at a delta a kossel non-mini might do the job.

The biggest problem you've got at the moment is that there are literally hundreds of different printers from small manufactureres and not that many users to say whether they're any good in the long term.

But if I were you I'd look for a dual extruder delta. Should be in your price range and they are just so much fun to watch working, and quiet :-)

Or go with the tried and tested and get an ultimaker 2 with the second extruder kit.
    And as luck would have it ultimaker have just launched a us distributor and you get 3 rolls of filament in red white and blue :-)
    https://www.ultimaker.com/blogs/news...-north-america

(looks at store) looks like the dual extrusion is only for the ultimaker originals at the moment.

How about the leapfrog machines ?
    Altough looking they're not available in the states yet.

Basically in that price bracket, you're spoilt for choice but starved for experienced feedback.

Another option is to find a local maker group and get them to build you one.
    Saw a truly ingenious setup at tct. Guy had a direct drive head but with the motor on the frame and a flexible driveshaft driving the extruder on the printhead. Gives all the advantages of direct drive with the low weight of a bowden setup. Ideal for a dual extruder on a delta.

And when I -eventually - build a delta It's definitely what I'll be aiming at.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-11-2014 at 06:07 AM.