I have lots more pictures, with build times, etc., however after a while it kind of comes from the department of redundancy department. All of them show pretty much the same thing - the 5th Gen is slower and seems to have a lower build quality than the Rep 2, all when using the exact same settings on both machines.

One other important difference is that I am using Makerware for Desktop (version 3 point something) on the 5th Gen, because that's all that will run it, and I am using Makerware 2.2 point something on the older 32 bit laptop that's running the Rep 2.

When the 5th Gen is returned, I will certain repeat a couple of these builds to see if there is any difference whatsoever with the initial results. For the record, the firmware in the 5th Gen is 1.3.1.143, and was the 3rd update we had in the month or so we had the machine.

The Makerbot web site insists that the 5th gen has wireless capability, however I never discovered how to use it. I didn't try the ethernet, the machine was located too far from my router. I never figured out how to use the camera, and never figured out how to store slices into the 5th Gen internal memory (which presumably replaces the good old SD card on the front of the Rep 2). Perhaps after the machine is returned, I'll ping tech support again and see what they can share with me.