Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RaySuave View Post
    I had this same issue, couldnt get the printer to use the full 250mm X 250mm bed. Emailed Colin about it and he said I most likely have the 8" i3v firmware and he gave me a link to download the 10" firmware to update the printer. After doing this, problem solved. This is the link he gave me https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80A...p=docslist_api

Not sure why the 10" i3v download isnt available on his site.
    Do you mean why isn't it hosted at the makerfarm web site? I think all the MakerFarm downloads are google docs. That's actually not a bad idea from a small business standpoint. That way MakerFarm doesn't have to pay for the download traffic.

If you mean why doesn't the 10-inch build guide link to the 10-inch firmware instead of the 8-inch, yeah, that's a good question. On a related note, don't follow the download instructions in the RAMPS firmware video either. The download path discussed in the video will get you firmware for the i3, not the i3v. I learned that one the hard way.

IIRC, three people have now posted about the bed size issue. This is likely something to check on every 10-inch printer. To test, use the LCD interface to Auto Home and then Move Axis for either X or Y as far as you can. If you can't go past 200, you're running the 8-inch firmware.

To verify whether you have the right source code, use the Arduino IDE or any text editor to look at the configuration.h file. If the #define statements for X_MAX_POS, Y_MAX_POS, and Z_MAX_POS set them to 200, you have source code for the 8-inch. Editing those values is likely all you need to change to adapt the 8-inch source code for the 10-inch printer.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-07-2014 at 07:58 AM.