Joseph, I can see where you're coming from, having money invested in something really does change your point of view about it. And I can see how DJBrowny (I assume that's who you are responding to) comes across as an active propagandist. But from looking at his history, it seems like that's just his personality rather than evidence of foul play.

And his tone aside, I can see where he's coming from as well. When someone has had to grind through the (downright traumatizing) process of creating an actual viable and realistic business plan, it gives you a certain perspective that lets you see clearly who does and doesn't have the same experience. And seeing some of the people who clearly didn't go through the same effort get money thrown at them on a crowdfunding site just feels like injustice. It's very offensive.

While I agree that nobody gets paid $25 per hour for unskilled work, depending on the state their work may cost around that much after payroll taxes, medicare, labor licencing, various liability insurences and depending on the state any number of general labor union and regulatory fees. For every dollar that gets to a paycheck, the employer (if they want to stay fully legal) might pay between $1.50 and $2.25 depending on the state, city, and type of labor. Not saying all his math is right, but it's closer than you'd want to believe.

But maybe this Jeremiah Clifft guy can pull it together and deliver on his promises eventually, I don't know. All I can do is wish you and him the best of luck.