So I just got into the 3D printing scene, and was interested in learning as much I can about this new (to me at least) technology. I had a few questions I was hoping you guys could answer for me...

First things first, the design program that I'm best at is Google Sketchup, and even then, I'd say I'm no expert at it. Is the typical 3D printer compatible with models built in google sketchup?

Secondly, what are the best printers that are noob friendly. I know my way around computers and electronics, but the easier and less of a learning curve a 3D printer has the better. So what are the best beginner friendly 3D printers on the market?

Is there a tell all source for learning the ins and outs of 3D printers. I've toyed with the idea of building my own using some open sourced hardware design plans as I've built industrial control panels and computers from scratch before. Would I be out of my league in this case? If not, is there an open source design plan for a 3D printer that you guys recommend?

Lastly, is there a good newbie beginner course or book that you guys recommend to learn about 3D printers?

Thanks,

Jeff