Let me try to explain the subject better. I wasn't quite sure how to word it in a short phrase. Say you want to find a precise coordinate in a print. How would you know what it was. Imagine a 1"x1"x1" cube that you are printing as a solid with no infill (infill doesn't matter but it keeps the visualization simpler). So say that it's 125 layers high. If I wanted to stop the print in an exact location,say .3" up and .25" from each edge, I'd need to find out what the layer height was and the exact coordinate. How can you do that?

If I use Cura I can look at the layers and use the scroll bar go zip up and down and see the print path. But, I get no useful coordinate info. I can find the line, but not the coordinate. As something prints, Cura displays some useless data. I'm printing now and see "Line: 2288/36640 6%" That's not helpful. A simple "6%" would be just as useful here. Do I really care that I have 36640 lines? Not really. It just tells me that out of 36640 individual lines, 2288 of them have been laid down. It tells me nothing about where the print head is.

In Slic3r 1.0 and above you can see the object on the plater in 3D, but again, no useful coordinate data is given.

This is the first time I've considered this so maybe it's obvious to everyone and I was just not told the secret but I can't seem to find a way to identify and view a particular coordinate in a print and see the data associated with it's location.