Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
And... Depending upon what happens when you bump that down to a 'reasonable' number... You may want to go to the very end of the run_z_probe() function and delete the code we added earlier.

//SERIAL_PROTOCOLLNPGM( "At end of run_z_probe() raising nozzle." );
do_blocking_move_relative( 0.0, 0.0, (float) Z_RAISE_BETWEEN_PROBINGS );
//SERIAL_PROTOCOLLNPGM( "At end of run_z_probe() done raising nozzle." );
} <---<<< Leave that brace in!

I think this is why we are getting the double lift. But be ready with your finger on the reset button if you take that line out!!!!

Looking at your Standard Deviation... Those numbers (.02) are a little bit on the big side. You should still get good prints, but you are getting close to an order of magnitude of your layer height. Oh! I just noticed you did the Z-Probe Standard Deviation both ways. The one that stresses the X & Y axis is concerning. .08 is getting too big in my opinion. The fact you get .02 without X & Y movement implies you have .05mm of slop in the X & Y axis. It is hard to say without the machine in front of me, but somehow moving the X & Y is adding .05mm of slop to the measurement ?????

On the bed topography. You have 1.5 mm or more slope from left to right. Can that be adjusted out on your design?

It's bed time for me. With a little luck, I'll get 9 hours of sleep tonight!
Yes I can easy make adjustments to manually level the bed better. Can there be some code that will assist in checking that easy, like measure each corner to see what difference there is?

I have taken out that line that you mentioned. Didn't see any difference when testing another print. The initial Z lift is close to 40mm I would guess.