Electricity scares me. I've done more with this printer than I ever thought I would. Haven't had much choice - it's not like there is a 3d printer repair shop down the road. I only found this place a couple months ago, and you have already been a lot of help.

Last night I got in touch with Tronxy. I have been chatting and emailing with them and they sent me a pic of how to check the power supply. If I'm not clear on what to do when I get a tester, I'll probably just order a power supply box. I'll let you know what happens.

Not long after I got this machine, one of the wires to the hot bed burned thru. It kept happening and I did some research on it. I found out about Mosfit boards and added one to my machine. I was nervous about doing it, but I finally got it right. I was mostly having problems with overheating when I tried to use ABS and had to crank up the temp of the bed so I put it off for months. I finally got up the nerve. LOL. One thing I kept reading was that the power supply provided with most of these machines is not large enough and that it is a good idea to upgrade. Is that something I should do or is it not a good idea. If I remember right, they said to change the 12V supply to 24V? Does that make sense? The Mosfit helps, but I have had the bed wiring go bad a couple of times since then. It gets hot and is in constant motion. Would a larger power supply help with that or make it worse?

Thanks so much for the replies. Your experience is very helpful. I'm sure you can tell I don't have a clue.

Donna