I'm currently having an issue with a Velleman 8200 Printer which has given me some really outstanding parts over the past few months.
I'm running Marlin Firmware and slicing with Slic3r 1.0 the latest version.
But all of the sudden, 75% of my prints are shifting to the left or right on the X axis around the fourth layer. Now what's weird about this is that not all parts go askew, and one part would do it in the exact spot for ten prints in a row. Now this is a part that I have printed dozens of times flawlessly in the past.....But today, I ran the part again and its going askew in the other direction...to the left now...not the right like it did yesterday. One other part went askew the for the first couple attemps and then printed fine on the third try. I've tried tightening my belts and turning up the current to the X stepper motor ever so slightly.....same thing happens. I was thinking it could be in the "slicing" but I tried printing with another slicer on another computer. Still no luck. This same kind of thing happened to me on my PrintRbot about a year ago. I found that turning up the current to the X stepper fixed the problem (at least, I think it did) but what gets me, if it's a mechanical flaw how can it go askew in the exact same layer each time. I carefully monitored the print hoping for clues but no, skipping or grinding....I've run out of ideas..
Any help would be awesome.
Thanks again.
W.