Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you can also increase the filament retraction when travelling. I tend to have mine set to 3mm, the default is 1.

Also different filaments will produce different levels of webbing.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    I'm generally pretty happy with the stock retraction settings. Gotta be careful with retraction since it can pull molten filament up into the Liner and it can harden in there and jam up. 3mm probably is ok though. Longer retractions work better where there is more molten filament in a melt pool, the flashforge has a very little melt pool compared to other all metal setups.

3 mm works fine.

I hate the purge simplify does before printing. I love the way RepG feeds a little pool onto the corner then continues feeding the filament out while traveling to your part.

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I loved that too...which is why I do a couple rounds of a skirt. Gets rid of any hangies.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidpsykosis View Post
    I loved that too...which is why I do a couple rounds of a skirt. Gets rid of any hangies.

After hours of trying different codes I did get simplify to do a pool in the corner and lay down a line to the part, but only for the one part.
    Problem is, simplify puts in its code after the initial start code which kills the code I put in the start code. Doh!

So I went in and deleted the purge, and like you, I just let it do a skirt to get the flow we need.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    After hours of trying different codes I did get simplify to do a pool in the corner and lay down a line to the part, but only for the one part.
    Problem is, simplify puts in its code after the initial start code which kills the code I put in the start code. Doh!

So I went in and deleted the purge, and like you, I just let it do a skirt to get the flow we need.
    If you want it to save your changes to the profile so it'll do that same purge every time, you'd have to select "Update Profile", near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    I hate the purge simplify does before printing. I love the way RepG feeds a little pool onto the corner then continues feeding the filament out while traveling to your part.
    I love this too...

I need to find what the gcode is to get that back in Simplify3D... I still have not started using it (bought it on Sep 5th)... still using ReplicatorG

I have been reading the manual... and reading the tips on the forum. Learned to day that I can remove/modify the amount and location of the supports. This is great.
    I need to get off my as* and get the darn software configure/fine-tuned to my printer. Default settings were definitely not optimal... reason why I went back to ReplicatorG to finish what I was doing. And also, doing this at 3am is not the best time to think clearly, lol.

Technician
    simplify3d is worth it especially if you do dual extruder printing or need to program periodic stops for parameter change or to change filaments. Has a learning curve though. Instructions almost nonexistent.
    I spent over $1500 for my setup and would be foolish not to spend some extra to get best performance.

Instructions are comprehensive and readily available - good manual, available online and in pdf.
    Plus anythig you want to know has already been answered on the s3d forum.
    And there are info bubble when you hover over every single setting.
    And the s3d team answer emails swiftly and sort out any problems just as quickly.

You'd have to work really hard to not find detailed instructions.

The start purge can be modified by gcode. haven't done it yet as I quite like the spit strand into case. I like the makerware wipe better - and at some point I'll work out how to do that. There are instructions around, I remember seeing.

My only real issue is with the infil and the fact that I can't get the right nozzle on my creator working properly. Yet the one on the knp machine is fine.

But it's still hand down better than anything else I've used.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast